Sunday, September 26, 2004

Dirty War

Just watched the Dirty War drama on BBC1 about a dirty bomb going off in London. Frightening stuff.

Yesterday I spent the day out on the stump in Stalham and Mundesley. Today I have been preparing a speech on the European Constitution and catching up with correspondence and phone calls.

Amazing stuff in the papers about Gordon Brown and Tony Blair. I can't help thinking that their relationship is going the same way as that of Margaret Thatcher and Nigel Lawson.

Very funny clip on the BBC Politics Show at lunchtime. They showed Norman Lamb at an Eastern Region fringe meeting at the LibDem conference trying to do his pantomime audience whipping up. "We're going to win lots of seats of Labour, aren't we?" he shrieked. "I think so" came a rather pathetic voice from the back. Hilarious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

off Labour, surely?

Iain Dale said...

Indeed. I stand corrected.

Anonymous said...

Iain, you said a few posts back that it would be your last anti- Lib Dem conference. Do you really have no policy to talk about anymore?It's simply 'Norman Lamb this, Norman Lamb that, Lib Dems are awful. I'm scared by them and their climbing poll numbers, what shall I do?'. Can the personal attacks go on forever? They're awfully petty.

Iain Dale said...

An interesting interpretation. Total rubbish of course, but there you are. I think I can be forgiven for commenting on the LibDem conference at length. Believe me, it will be nothing compared to what I write about the exciting new policies we will be launching at our conference. That week this blog will be a LibDem free zone. Probably.