Saturday, June 03, 2006

Something for the Weekend

* Had a nice email from someone this morning who received their Little Red Book from Amazon yesterday. He ended it by saying: "Next time make it hardback to ensure it will withstand continuous reference and handling."

* Yesterday I was searching for some papers in the garage (as you do) and opened up a trunk only to find a huge collection of Spy cartoons I'd forgotten I had. So I spent last night cataloguing them with a view to selling them. There's about 250 altogether so I hope I can get a decent sum for them. I found a dealer in Worthing so we'll see what kind of pittance they offer!

* I shall sadly miss the England v Jamaica game this afternoon as I'm playing golf - fantastic weather here in Kent today so I'm greatly looking forward to it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not a DFL are you Iain?

Iain Dale said...

What is a DFL? I may regret asking that...

Anonymous said...

Down from Londoner, Living on the Kent coast (Whitstable) we get a lot of DFLs coming down, buying houses and living in them for two days a month.

As unbelievable as it might sound, we kind of hate this.

Iain Dale said...

No, I live here 7 days a week.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it, but I'm disappointed you didn't know what a DFL was.

You obviously don't live on the coast, or are just sensible enough to stay off the high-street on a Saturday.

Iain Dale said...

No, I live in RTW. But I am familiar with the problems of second home owners from my days in North Norfolk.

Peter from Putney said...

...... or you could of course try selling them individually or in lots on the dreaded ebay.

Anonymous said...

That's a bit sad - people in Whitstable getting narky!

Croydonian said...

The ever useful Acronym Finder suggests all sorts of interesting possibilities for DFL, including 'Dictator for Life' and 'Dead F***ing Last'. Take your pick....

Anonymous said...

"people in Whitstable getting narky!"

I asure you "anonymous", people in Whitstable are always narky.