Sunday, June 04, 2006

Iain Dale's One Minute Guide to Today's Blogs

The Conservative History Blog looks at the career on Sally Ward, MP for Cannock from 1931-35. EU Referendum has a tirade against Nigel Farage (Conservative by-election planners please take note). Ellee Seymour's betting instincts are not to be trusted. Antonia Biance reflects on the new civil partnership row and her new life as a councillor. Spin Blog has a go at Ian Blair & the LibDems. Trevor Ivory reports from the Holt By Election in North Norfolk. Chris Whiteside conducts the Prescott Memorial Acronym Competition. About Whose News looks at how to influence who your MP is and holds his nose. Is Peter Black AM going to cheer on England or not? FibDems are asking whatever happened to Willie Rennie? Political Hack finds Ming in worse trouble than he thought. And EU Serf celebrates Tax Freedom Day.

6 comments:

Peter Black said...

"Is Peter Black AM going to cheer on England or not?"

er...yes!

skipper said...

Iain
Why not so many Labour blogs? I would have thought it was reasonably obvious: after nine years in power- which is about the life-time of the blogosphere anyway- supporters have fallen by the wayside- just as Tory ones did during the nineties. Nothing like opposition to stoke the fires of indignation and militancy. If I weren't so partisan myself, I'd say it was a good sign for sustaining a robust democracy in our otherwise worryingly apathetic politrical culture.

Hughes Views said...

Thanks for the plug Iain. I'm afraid that you won't get as many new visitors to your site because I've mentioned it on mine as I've had from this mention on yours.......

Chris Palmer said...

"er...yes!" - Peter Black

You had to think about it though, didn't you.

Iain. How many blogs do you actually read when making this selection, because the same ones keep on cropping up again and again. Is that because they are consistently good or because you only select from a few?

Iain Dale said...

Chris, I thought I was using quite a variety. Obviously I can't read everyone's but I try to put in what i think is an interesting cross setion.

Anonymous said...

I have just seen you on Newsnight and learned of the existence of your IT organ. Two questions . where do you get this old drivel ? What the hell has happened to your hair ? Roger Pope