Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ben Brogan Has a Blog

Daily Mail political editor Ben Brogan has started a blog - and he says it's all down to Guido and little old moi. He writes...

In the past few months Westminster has woken up to the blogosphere, thanks in part to the invaluable and often mischievous work of pioneers Iain Dale and Guido Fawkes. But it is the readers out there who have turned it into a dynamic and often provocative global conversation.

Ben Brogan, we salute you. Just avoid the mistakes of your esteemed colleague Trevor Kavanagh, whose blog started to much fanfare. It has hasn't been updated since 16th May. Ben, we're expecting more of you... Guido, however, may take a different view and advise political editors to stick to what they know and leave the Interweb to us!

6 comments:

George Hollingbery said...

Somewhat OT Iain but being an Interweb pioneer and all that clearly doesn't leave you much time for reading. Or is it just that the Orange Book is so dull that you keep falling asleep after the first paragraph.
I think we should be told.

Iain Dale said...

George, you are so right. I found it mind numbingly boring and haven;t got to the end. I have discraded it in favour of "If Dogs Could Talk" - and no, it's not a book about the women in Big Brother!

Curly said...

"If dogs could talk"

I thought that was the upcoming collaberation of Freddie Shepherd and Douglas Hall, sub-titled "The Toon Army female brigade"

dizzy said...

I bought the Orange Book last year. It ended up being my bog book for a while and then I gave up, I found Dante easier.

Paul Linford said...

For what it's worth, I can't see Ben Brogan repeating Mr Kavanagh's mistakes. Apart from anything else, he's much more web-savvy and doesn't spend as much time on the golf course.

On a more general point, I would question whether blogging is the best use of a national newspaper political editor's time, when their first duty must surely be to provide breaking news stories for the following day's paper, but I guess each one must make this judgement for themselves.

Anonymous said...

I can' think of anything worse than having to plough through paragraph after paragraph of Ben Brogan! I find his writing riddled with mistakes, dull and swayed by his own personal prejudices - think the real BB is more entertaining and that's saying something!