Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Sunday Papers

Much about the Tory leadership in the Sunday papers. David Davis will have rather liked the flattering, nay fawning, profile of him by Melissa Kite in the Sunday Telegraph, although I suspect David Cameron will have winced a little while reading Martin Bentham's interview with him in The Observer. It's quite revealing that Cameron chose The Observer to give an interview to. I wonder how many Tory MPs or party members actually read The Observer. It's ironic that David seems to be very defensive about his schooling at Eton. He shouldn't be. Matthew D'Ancona has the best analysis (not for the first time) in The Telegraph. He believes that Davis will attract a coalition of support which the other candidates will not be able to. He urges us to watch out for the first Moderniser to publicly declare for him. John Rentoul in The Independent looks at why DD provokes such strong feelings among his detractors.

And most importantly of all, two appearances for this Blog in Atticus in the Sunday Times today. What a reputable column it is...

2 comments:

Blithering Bunny said...

Got any links for these stories, Iain? (That's right -- I can't be bothered looking for them myself).

Iain Dale said...

no, nor can I! I read the actual papers, not their online versions I'm afraid.