Friday, August 14, 2009

Top 20 Libertarian Blogs


Well, the votes are in, they've all been counted and over the next couple of weeks, you should check into the Total Politics Party Lines Blog to find out which blogs have finished where in the various lists. I won't be carrying them all in full on this blog, as I know people don't like it when I do too many lists, but I will link to the full lists.

The first one is out today - the Top 20 Libertarian Blogs.
  1. Guido Fawkes
  2. Devil's Kitchen
  3. Old Holborn
  4. Obnoxio the Clown
  5. Underdogs Bite Upwards
  6. Tim Worstall
  7. Samizdata
  8. Boatang & Demetriou
  9. Dick Puddlecote
  10. LPUK Blog
  11. Last Ditch
  12. Constantly Furious
  13. Anna Raccoon
  14. Freedom to Choose
  15. Rantin' Rab
  16. Plato Says
  17. Charles Crawford
  18. An Englishman's Castle
  19. Frank Davis
  20. Oxford Libertarian Society
All these lists, together with articles from leading blog commentators, will be published in the TOTAL POLITICS GUIDE TO POLITICAL BLOGGING, which will be published in mid September at £12.99. You can preorder your copy HERE.

19 comments:

Rob said...

Nice to see Plato and Constantly furious in the top 20 there, I do enjoy reading both. And I voted for them too, which just goes to show I have excellent taste.

Constantly Furious said...

Look at me mummy, look at meeeeeeee.

The Constantly Furious blog is touched by this award. What an honour. It makes the trolls and the RSI seem worthwhile.

Many thanks to all who took the trouble to vote for CF. Especially Uncle Bob - he has excellent taste.

_

Rob said...

To be honest, you would have got my vote for the Michael Jackson jokes thread alone. Comedy gold.

Captain Ranty said...

I was pleased to see my faves in there: Dick P, Leg-Iron, DK, B&D.

Collectively they are the cause of my sleepless nights.

They keep me hugely entertained.

Blog on, lads, blog on!!

Demetrius said...

What do you mean by "Libertarian"?

RantinRab said...

Hey, I'm on a list! (One I don't mind being on!!)

Ferret said...

He may be spot on on many issues, but Old Holborn is too openly anti-Semitic for my liking.

Quietzapple said...

Do you publish a Nihilist List?

Quietzapple said...

Closet anti-semites will welcome Ferret's discretion, no doubt.

Tom Paine said...

The one day of the year when we struggling libertarians could have had a link direct from Britain's top blogger, and you had to put in an interrupt, rather than link from our names. Pshaw, Iain! Thanks to all who voted though. Most appreciated

Iain Dale said...

Tom, Am really sorry, but there are only so many hours in my day.

Constantly Furious said...

I've put the full list of the top 20, with links on my blog.

It'd be great if everybody on the list did the same; either copy the post, or link to it from your own blog.

A little bit of mutual backslapping a link-love, eh?

(let me know if any links are wrong by the way)

Constantly Furious said...

Now the links are here: cheers Iain.

Tom Paine said...

My tongue was in my cheek, but you granted my request anyway. Much appreciated Mr Dale. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Nice to see Freedom To Choose making the list everyone after all we only started blogging in April this year. Only one little niggle about the link though Iain, that links to our website front page, our blog meanwhile is here. Many thanks to all concerned.

Anonymous said...

I blog
He blogs
She blogs
You blog
They blog
We blog

But ,how much longer>?>?>?>?

" They would'nt dare " I hear
Wait untill AFTER the next election
just wait.

Beyond the blue horizon

Kevin Boatang said...

Did you choke writing us there Iain?

Iain Dale said...

eh?

Mikhail Poda said...

Check analysis of this guy who red all these blogs and made some statistics on the topics and viewpoints: http://t-a-w.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-is-libertarianism-blog-edition.html