Friday, April 04, 2008

The Never Ending Hunt for Tamzin Lightwater

A reader writes, saying he thinks he has worked out who writes the Spectator's highly amusing Tamzin Lightwater column. He thought it highly uncoincidental that Tamzin's column didn't appear in The Speccie in the same week in which Tara Hamilton Miller's column failed to appear in the New Statesman. If it is indeed Tara it's quite a feat to write for both publications! However, I am not convinced

Those who reckon the author is Melissa Kite will have noted that last week when the Tamzin Lightwater didn't appear in the Spectator, Melissa had several pieces in the Sunday Telegraph.

The mystery deepens.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There has been no THM or Tamzin Lightwater for two weeks now...

John M Ward said...

I think you're just flying a Melissa, Iain...

asquith said...

It might highly amuse you, but I regard it as dogshit. Lightwater, James Delingpole, Richard Liddle, Taki... my views on them would be best expressed at The Devil's Kitchen, not on a family blog!!!

Newmania said...

Asquith does have a certain pungent way with words which on this occasions I find highly amusing. I find the THM one diverting myself nonetheless


Or did I have the right idea but the wrong mag with my theory it was all Iain Dale ?

Anonymous said...

Who cares. I'm fed up with the Speccie. This week, the two regular clowns Liddle and Rifkind do well-nigh identical pieces on Clegg. I get the feeling d'Ancona's bored. Someone needs to give him a kick up the arse.

Oscar Miller said...

I've always thought Tamzin is written by Boris's sister Rachel Johnson of Notting Hell fame. I've come to this conclusion purely through literary analysis.
(and anon 7.33 - Tamzin was definitely in this week's Speccie so I think you'll find it was only one week's hols).

Anonymous said...

I always assumed Tamzin was Craig Brown or someone moonlighting from Private Eye.

Chris Paul said...

So weak

Anonymous said...

John M Ward, the Profile on your blog needs updating.

Surprised you show your face on this blog.

Oscar Miller said...

Trumpeter Lanfried @ 12.02 No - Tamzin is definitely written by a woman and I stick with Rachel Johnson. As further evidence I noted she showed up at the Conservative party conference last year at exactly the same moment as Tamzin. Coincidence or what?

The Remittance Man said...

I am Tamzin Lightwater.

Well actually I'm not. I was just trying to get one of those "I am Spartacus" things going.

Sorry - it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Anonymous said...

It's Melissa Kite. Strange but true.