Sunday, April 13, 2008

Good Luck to Jonathan Sheppard

Jonathan Sheppard of Tory Radio fame is running the London Marathon at the moment.

Unbelievably he is Twittering as he runs. Jonathan is not a man of, shall we say, lithe proportions so the fact that this is his third marathon in aid of St John Ambulance says much about his character.

He's a great guy and I hope he finishes more quickly than he thinks he will. Jonathan has raised £1200 for the charity already. If you would like to spur him on in the second half of the marathon click HERE to donate. He's only £60 short of his target.

UPDATE: Jonathan's latest Twitter update: "Guy pushing a wheelchair passed me! Thatll teach me to twitter."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why isn't it called the "London Snickers"?

James Higham said...

Is that today?

Anonymous said...

I hate charity runs.

Anonymous said...

personally I hate the Verity runs. another condition entirely

Jonathan Sheppard said...

Ha ha - I hate running too. Just got back and have the biggets and weird shaped blisters (must take a pic). Thanks Iain for the blog post - and to all of you who have sponsored me.

As Iain politely says - I have never been built for speed, but dragged myself round again today!

Anonymous said...

"Just got back and have the biggets ..."

Is that the same condition as the Verity runs?