Sunday, April 13, 2008

Memo to The Observer

Memo to the editor of The Observer: Have you sacked all your sub-editors? In today's issue your journalists apparently believe that Steven Norris's name is Stephen and that David Heathcoat-Amory is David Heathcote Amory. Small things, you may say, but if a newspaper is careless with the little things, you wonder about the care it takes of the big things.

PS. Yes, I no the odd speling eror has creppt into this blogg. But I am a one man band, and can be exused. I hope!

6 comments:

Alan Douglas said...

know weigh !

Alan

Paul Evans said...

They Guardian has Dominic Grieve as "Gieve" yesterday in a leading article.

Anonymous said...

The Daily Telegraph seems to have sacked most of their sub-editors as well.

Anonymous said...

Also in the Review section there are some prices of CDs left as £xx.xx

Anonymous said...

"I no"? You mean "I KNOW"?

Anonymous said...

The Daily Telegraph is getting exceptionally careless, but then sub-editors cost money.

I do recall a wonderful error in the Radio Times some years ago: R3 programming, cited that wonderful Elizabethan piece - Sperm in Alium.