Sunday, June 10, 2007

An Invitation to Visit the Spectator Coffee House

Can I recommend a blog to you? About two months ago The Spectator started a blog called the Coffee House. It's a group blog, in that there a number of contributors to it, such as Matthew D'Ancona, Fraser Nelson and James Forsyth, among others. I am not normally a fan of group blogs as they tend to lack 'personality'. Personality is vital to any blog's success and I am glad to say that the Spectator Coffee House has already developed a real personality of its own in a relatively short time. Indeed, I now check it out at least twice a day. I urge you to do the same.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a paid for advert?

Iain Dale said...

No it isn't! Jesus, why do people automatically assume the worst? I just happen to like it and therefore assumed many of my readers would too. Simple as that.

Anonymous said...

I don't have time to check it out twice a day -- I do have a life to lead as well.

Clothilde Simon

Anonymous said...

its an excellent site thanks Ian
Do you have time not to check it -its very informative

ian said...

Why don't you get an RSS reader instead?

Newmania said...

Can`t stand D`Anconna myself , and I`ve pretty much given up with the Spectator. I find it amazing that they do so little with that title it has almost descended into the sort of thing you get free on flights.
Perhaps I`ll pop along and tell them so

Anonymous said...

Newmania - Agree. Matthew d'Ancona is a drab writer and has boring thoughts. What made the Barclay brothers choose him over a witty, clever writer like Quentin Letts? Maybe the Barclay brothers are as boring as d'Ancona and think he is rather clever.

I don't even bother to visit the free bits online any more. I cannot imagine that the messy navigation is not intentional. You never know where you are and what you can have access to. Second, why bother anyway as the writing is so boring? They send an email every week saying this week's Spectator is now online, and just delete it.

Matthew d'Ancona! What a come-down from the quick-silvery humour of Frank Johnson!

Praguetory said...

The blog is good though.