Saturday, April 08, 2006

Andrew Neil to Present Another Political Programme

Just got back home from Manchester. I'll be posting something on David Cameron's speech later, but I'm catching up with other bits and pieces first. Flicking through my copy of the Press Gazette I see that Andrew Neil's quest to dominate the BBC airwaves continues apace. Apparently he is replacing Carole Walker as anchor of News 24's Straight Talk programme. What is it about the BBC that they can't find anyone apart from Andrew Neil to present political programmes? Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of time for him. He doesn't take bullshit and is invariably both informative and entertaining, but surely we should have a bit of variety in the people who present political programmes. After all, I'm available for a fraction of Andrew's fee... JOKE!

1 comment:

Iain Dale said...

Barbara, beneath you!