Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The First Day

We're off. Into Norwich this morning for our Norfolk/Suffolk campaign launch with Tim Yeo. Good press turnout and did a couple of interviews. Then back to Cromer to start the campaign proper. Good reaction on the streets to our battlebus. Our first leaflet is being delivered all over the constituency and our posters will start going up tomorrow. This evening I spoke to a group of people with learning difficulties and then popped into Sheringham Town Council briefly. Tonight I made my first video email which went out a few minutes ago.

I saw the LibDems first leaflet this afternoon. I do find it amusing they keep calling me 'Michael Howard's Conservative Candidate' - a badge of honour I wear with pride but I suspect it's not meant as a compliment. So much for Charles Kennedy saying they'll fight a positive campaign. The whole leaflet was one long sneer.

No comments: