Thursday, December 02, 2010

Oborne Reviews the Coalition Books

Peter Oborne has written a review of four books about the formation of the coalition HERE.

I particularly liked the last para...

Three of these books have been published by the new political imprint Biteback,
which has come of age as one of Britain’s premier political publishers.

What a nice man Peter Oborne is. He is right to praise Rob Wilson's 5 DAYS TO POWER. It really is a superb bit of journalism. We have now run out of David Laws' book and I have today ordered a reprint - and kicked myself at the same time for not printing enough in the first place! Such are the trials of a publisher...

5 comments:

Village Bookworm said...

Congratulations Iain, Oborne is right, as a bookseller, I agree with his analysis of Biteback, quality is excellent, although some more sales would be welcome!

As an aside, just passed the TV and an ad was on for some Georgio Armani perfume - I thought it said 'Aqua Di Gio' which made me think:'God - Dale is so famous that they are selling his dog's piss for Xmas!' Turned out to be spelt slightly differently, though.

Funny how the mind works though!

Mark Thompson said...

So that's why Amazon is telling me I might have to wait 14 days for Laws's book!

It had better be here in time for my Christmas break!

*drums fingers*

HampsteadOwl said...

So if Oborne is to be believed - and given his views on Biteback then surely he must - Laws' oeuvre is the least readable and the least reliable of the four. And also the one that has sold out.

Just shows doesn't it. Dissemble about your relationships; improvise on your expenses; clean up at the booksellers. As you would put it Mr Dale: nice.

Tim Leunig said...

And have you corrected the typos in David's book? (I found 2) Seriously tho', your books are as well produced as those of Cambridge University Press.

Iain Dale said...

Mark, Amazon have 300 copies so I dont know why they are telling you this.

Tim, would you email the typos. We have only found 1...