Now, why have I highlighted the bit in red? Well, you see Sarah Evans is none other than Sir George Young's Labour opponent in NW Hampshire!
28 xxxx Court
Dear George Young
I am writing to you in your capacity as a parliamentary candidate in the general election to find out your views on a number of issues concerning the "war on terror", and in particular the occupation in Afghanistan. You will be aware that the overwhelming majority of people in the country believe the troops should come home and that the war is counterproductive.
At a time when all the main parties in the election are calling for cuts in public services, I note that this year's budget of £3.8 billion for the Afghan war is almost exactly the amount the government plans to cut from the NHS. In considering how I will cast my vote in the election, I would be interested to receive your replies to the following questions arising from the current government's war policies.
1. Do you support the immediate withdrawal of British and NATO troops from Afghanistan?
2. Did you support the war in Iraq?
3. Will you oppose any military attack on Iran by the United States or Israel?
4. Do you support the immediate closure of the Guantanamo Bay prison?
5. Are you opposed to the renewal of Trident nuclear weapons?
6. Do you oppose the attacks on Muslims and the growing Islamophobia in British society?
7. Do you agree that the use of anti-terrorist laws to restrict the right of protest is an attack on civil liberties?
I've also been looking at her blog, where it seems she is completely at odds with many national Labour policies if her statement at the local hustings is anything to go by. http://sarahevanslabour.blogspot.com/2010/04/andover-hustings.html
She wants to scrap Trident, bring our troops home from Afghanistan immediately, scrap tuition fees, and end the means testing of benefits.
Does Mandy know how off message some Labour candidates are? I think he should be told. And I have no doubt now that he will be.