Editorial genius Jonathan Wadman is leaving Biteback Publishing.
Jonathan has been with the company since the very beginning and has played a major part in getting us to where we are today. Jonathan, whose last day is 28th September is going back to University to do an MA in Linguistics at UCL. We thank him and wish him the very best of luck.
Consequently, we need to find a replacement to fill his shoes. If you are now or have ever been an editor, please read on.
Job Role: Senior Editor
Biteback publishing, the country’s leading politics and current affairs publisher, is looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual to fill the post of Senior Editor.
Key roles will include:
- Overseeing the book production process, from receipt of manuscript to delivery of files to printers
- Appointing and supervising freelance copy-editors, proofreaders, indexers, designers and typesetters
- Editing manuscripts
- Liaising with authors and with commissioning editors
- Liaising with printers and others involved in the production process
- Constant close collaboration with sales and marketing staff
The successful candidate will be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure when required. A personal interest in politics is essential.
Please send your application to james DOT stephens AT bitebackpublishing DOT com
Closing date: 1 October