Friday, January 01, 2010

Things To Do Different In 2010

It's only natural to re-evaluate a few things at the beginning of a new year. I'm not sure I believe in making new year's resolutions, but I'm going to make a few new year's aspirations. Here goes...

1. To make more of a consistent effort to watch my weight
2. To recognise that what I want out of life isn't necessarily the same as those close to me
3. To learn to say 'no' more often
4. To travel more, and visit Berlin for the first time
5. To see Mango Groove and Alphaville in concert
6. To spend more time with my parents
7. To develop a thicker skin (and it's already doubled in thickness over the last year!)
8. To redouble my efforts to ensure the growth of Total Politics & Biteback Publishing continues apace
9. To be philosophical about it if I fail to be selected to fight the next election.
10. To make bloody sure I do get selected to fight the next election!

7 comments:

Alan Douglas said...

Yup, I like #10 best !

Happy New Year in a safe seat !

Alan Douglas

Anonymous said...

I achieved Number 4 at start of December - visit to Berlin. Wonderful. Highly recommend the Circus Hotel on Rosenthaler Platz. Good luck for Number 10.

Unsworth said...

Different? Differently? Pedantry is my bag, but maybe I should be more tolerant in 2010.

Then again....

Anyway, Happy New Year to you and to all your contributors - however deluded some of them may appear to be.

chrisg said...

Happy New Year Iain. Looking forward to seeing a Tory gov in May!

stuart said...

Surprised you've never visited Berlin, Iain. You should do, it's a fabulous city... and of course heaving with history.

Ean Craigie said...

The one you missed Iain, support a better footbll tesm!!

John Bennett said...

Having been disappointed by your non-answer when I asked the question on your Talk Radio Euro results programme, (you cut to the News!) I'm delighted to see the clear statement of intent at No 10.

I wish you the very best of luck in securing a nomination and in the subsequent election.