Monday, May 08, 2006

The Prescott Jokes Begin

Pauline Prescott went into her local pharmacy. The pharmacist, worried about the look in her eyes, thought he had better say something - but not about John. "That Patricia Hewitt - she's ruining our NHS with her smarmy voice, hideous glasses and ridiculous layers & layers of useless managers. We'd be better off without her". Pauline said calmly, "I want to buy some cyanide". The pharmacist tentatively asked, "Why in the world would you need cyanide?"
Pauline replied, "I need it to poison my husband". The pharmacist exclaimed, "Good God! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband! That's against the law! I'll lose my licence! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen! Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide! Pauline silently reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of John in bed with Patricia Hewitt. The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, "You didn't tell me you had a prescription".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(heard on radio this morning).

Q: Why is John Prescott like MFI?

A: Two screws in the wrong place and the entire cabinet falls apart.

Anonymous said...

i thought jokes were supposed to be funny .. that is lame
the MFI one is okay thought, but i prefer the IKEA version .. more xenophobic :)