Friday, April 14, 2006

Why is Bank Holiday Telly So Crap?

I hate Frost. I hate bloody Heartbeat. In fact I hate virtually all ITV drama. It's repetitive, unoriginal, boring and appeals to the lowest common denominator. And what's more I doubly hate Midsomer Murders. I mean how does such a sleepy barea have so many murders? I suppose John Nettles is enough to make anyone commit heinous crimes, but if you ask me, they need a visit from Ray Mallon. However, Charles Clarke would no doubt point to the fact that this year there have only been 1,106 murders, which is a 26% reduction since New Labour came to power. I think I'm getting delirious. More Nurofen, please nurse...

5 comments:

dizzy said...

I resorted to watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" last night. I had been told by my boss that it was brilliant and that there were oarts in it which still make him feel horrible thinking about. Conclusion? He's a wuss. I've never seen a more predictable film. It was Amityville meets the Exorcist. Wierdest thing is that it's a "true story"... even the devil isn't original these days!

p.s. you're right, ITV is crap. I'm surprised you only just learnt this. Now Ballamory on CBeebies, that's where the action is at!

Mike Wood said...

On the bright side, if you wake up early on Monday, you can watch BBC Parliament's programme on the Liberal Landslide of 1906.
Let's hope that Lib Dem activists spend their bank holiday watching it and wallowing in nostalgia, rather than delivering bloody Focus leaflets.

Richard Bailey said...

I trust you exlude Inspector Morse from your accurate observations about ITV.

Ellee Seymour said...

It's been ages since we have had a Morse repeat which I also enjoy. Maybe it's a hint that we should get out and have some fun, not watch Bank Holiday TV.

Anonymous said...

TV over easter used to be one of the best times of the year, with terrestrial movie premieres, good comedy and dramas. This year its has been very disappointing, I mean who wants to watch snooker, even the people in the audience look half asleep and they paid to be there!

As for ITV their only good programme is Footballers Wives, and that is only good because it's so bad.

Visit My Blog.