Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tory Tours Head for Nottingham, Gateshead & Cardiff

Next year's Conservative Party Spring Forum is to be held in Nottingham, although the local paper seems to think the decision hasn't been made yet. It has. So we're off to the gun capital of the UK. Think I'll take a vest. In 2008 the same event will be held in Gateshead and in 2009 it's a choice between Cardif and Birmingham. Birmingham is apparently being difficult and wanting to charge the earth, so with any luck we'll be off to one of my favourite cities in the UK. But hopefully, if the result goes right in the FA Cup Semi Final next week I'll be there a little sooner than 2009! This year's main Party Conference is in Bournemouth so next year it should be Blackpool's turn. I do hope Francis Maude puts Blackpool out of its misery and announces a quick return to Manchester.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming of course Maude doesn't cancel main conference completely. Have you heard anything more about this Iain?

Martin Curtis said...

Nottingham is quite a decent City and is home to arguably the best rock venue in the Country (Rock City).

I am looking forward to it.

David Morton said...

You'll not make the A list with spoofs like that!

Iain Dale said...

David, strangely, people who read this blog seem much more concerned about my A List fate than I do! Very touching!