Tim Montgomerie has posted an excellent article on BritainandAmerica.com headlined "It's a long way from Port Stanley to the Shatt-al-Arab waterway". In it he argues that the current crisis in Iran has exposed the decline of Britain as a serious power. He goes on to list ten key factors that have contributed to Britain's vulnerability in 2007. They are...
1. An overstretched and under-resourced military
2. The Iraq war
3. Appeasement of Iran
4. Appeasement of internal threats
5. The weakness of the transatlantic relationship
6. Decline of NATO
7. Unfounded faith in the United Nations
8. The BBC
9. Lack of strategic thinking
10. A distracted opposition
Read Tim's article HERE.