Not even the Health Committee had enough people for an election. Surely that is unprecedented for Labour.
This has been sent out by the Secretary to the PLP and is shown on the new Labour Uncut website.
I now invite unsuccessful candidates and anyone else who is not now elected to a select committee to apply for the following vacancies:
1. ENVIRONMENT, FOOD AND RURAL AFFAIRS – FIVE VACANCIES REMAIN
2. ENVIRONMENTAL AUDIT – THREE VACANCIES REMAIN.
3. HEALTH – ONE VACANCY REMAINS.
4. JUSTICE – TWO VACANCIES REMAIN.
5. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION – FOUR VACANCIES REMAIN.
6. SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – THREE VACANCIES REMAIN.
7. WELSH AFFAIRS – FIVE VACANCIES REMAIN
So, are Labour MPs uninterested in holding the Executive to account, or are they just plain lazy?