Friday, April 29, 2005

A Very Busy Friday

An early start in Fakenham to take part in yet another candidates debate at Fakenham Sixth Form College - 220 present, although surprisingly quiet. Very good natured and some excellent questions. I thought I had blown it when I said I was totally against the EMA grant of £10-£30 a week for sixth formers. I was pleased to see that only about 20% of the audience thought these bribes to stay on at school were a good thing. From there it was on to North Norfolk Radio for an hour on air with Sue Marchant and John Bultitude. It went reasonably OK despite some obvious LibDem planted questions. Lunch at the Skeyton Goat with the apparently (according to The Times) soon to be enobled Gillian Shephard and her husband Tom. We visited Ladbrook Engineering in North Walsham and then did a walkabout in the Market Square before an hour of doorknocking in Trunch. Another sprinkling of LibDem switchers.

This evening I popped into the Aylsham at War exhibition before grabbing a bite to eat at the Black Boys - fantastic food.

Tomorrow is a major campaign day for us in several of the bigger towns.

No comments: