Friday, April 29, 2005

And so to bed

Started the day in North Walsham as it is market day. Moved from there to Mundesley, where we found a lot of new support. Had quite a large team out with me today and we had a break for lunch at them Hunworth Bell before moving on to Fakenham and then Sheringham. Tonight was the final debate in the series of three with the other candidates. We were also joined by Justo the Clown, which certainly added to the evening's entertainment. If I'm honest I didn't put in my best performance tonight. Maybe I was tired, but I just didn't feel I sparked at all. Overall, the debates were very good natured affairs, although I suspect the audience was largely made up of people already allied to one or other Party. Although I suppose about 300 people attended them if you add the three audiences together it's a pinprick in the 81,000 electorate. However, in most constituencies you'd have had a fraction of that number.

Tomorrow Gillian Shephard is coming to visit and I'll be on North Norfolk Radio from 11-12.

And so to bed. Knackered. But tomorrow the batteries will be recharged. My campaign team call me the Duracell Bunny as they say I keep going no matter what. But even Duracell's need the occasional rechargezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: