Sunday, October 07, 2007

September Stats

This last week has been the second best ever on the blog 69,322 unique visitors. In September traffic was 20% up on last year, and 2% up on August. Unique visitor were 191,215 compared to 171,913 last year. Page views were 348,797 (2006 325,039). Here are my top 40 linking sites (ie incoming hits) for August. All these sites referred at least 130 people here. The arrows denote whether a site has moved up or down or stayed static since August...

1. Guido Fawkes 11.05% ↔ 2. ConservativeHome 10.85% ↔ 3. PoliticalBetting 6.6% ↔ 4. Slugger O'Toole 2.6% ↑ 5. Biased BBC 1.65% ↑ 6. National Review Corner NEW 7. Dizzy Thinks ↓ 8. Daily Referendum ↔ 9. Daniel Finkelstein ↓ 10. Theo Spark NEW 11. Witanagemot NEW 12. Ed Clarke ↑ 13. Luke Akehurst ↑ 14. Paul Linford ↑ 15. Croydonian NEW 16. W4MP ↓ 17. Adam Smith Institute NEW 18. House of Dumb NEW 19. Mikey's Tent of Reality ↑ 20. Chris Paul ↔ 21. An Englishman's Castle ↑ 22. Archbishop Cranmer ↓ 23. Bloggerheads ↓ 24. Hot, Ginger & Dynamite ↓ 25. Devil's Kitchen NEW 26. Harry's Place NEW 27. Prisoner's Voice ↓ 28. Hoby Cartoons ↓ 29. David Lindsay ↓ 30. Islington Newmania ↓ 31. Tom Watson MP 32. UK Polling Report 33. Spectator Coffee House ↓ 34. Tartan Hero NEW 35. Ordovicius NEW 36. Limerick Blogger NEW 37. British Bullshit Foundation 38. Liberal England ↓ 39. Justin Hinchcliffe ↓ 40. John Redwood NEW

Dropping out of the Top 40 are LibDem Voice, EU Referendum, Peter Black, Waendel Journal, Fair Deal Phil, Prague Tory, Right Thinking, A Conservative's Blog, Some Doubts, Norfolk Blogger, Tim Worstall, Miscellany Symposium

Link exchanges are really important in driving traffic to other sites. A big thank you to everyone who links to me. Remember, if you have a link to me and you don't see one to you on my blogroll, just let me know in the comments and I will try to rectify it.

15 comments:

Niki Molnar said...

The CWO blog needs some more unabashed publicity - it's a lonely place when you first start blogging! http://cwoblog.blogspot.com/
Thanks the link on Saturday - that certainly helped.

Andy said...

OK then, I will!

Iain, I link to you from my blog, and am not aware of a link to my blog from here. Certainly not in the LibDem blogs section.

Anyway, ta!

Old BE said...

Iain I wouldn't have a single reader if it wasn't for your publicity! Cheque's in the post.

Daily Referendum said...

Glad to help Iain.

Anonymous said...

Hi Iain, haave linked to you and would be grateful of a reciprocal
www.rupahuq.co.uk
Thanks
Rupa

Anonymous said...

Hi Iain, could you update my link to the new address at www.iainlindley.co.uk? The old one is not working.

Cheers

Iain

Anonymous said...

I have just started a blog and am linked to you:

musingsofadullard.blogspot.com

JohnofScribbleSheet said...

Hi Iain I have a link to your blog from mine. www.scribblesheet.co.uk/blog

Thanks

JohnofScribbleSheet said...

I just started a blog as well and I am linking to you.

www.scribblesheet.co.uk/blog

Tony said...

Fairly new to this, but blog.pint.org.uk does link to you...

JRD168 said...

You linked to me with the top100 left leaning blogs, but i don't see a permanent one. It did provide me with some traffic, so a full one would be nice I guess. www,jrd168.blogspot.com

Luke Akehurst said...

Glad to be so high on the list of right-wing referers to your site. We're all on the same side really, despite the fact that I can't stand Tories. Just remember that I hate LibDems much more.

Editor said...

Morning Iain

Could you put in a link to my 'I Love Eastbourne' blog - I link to you

www.iloveeastbourne.co.uk

I guess under the Conservative blogs section

cheers

Anonymous said...

Iain, my site links to yours - www.grumpyoldmatt.com!

Anthony said...

I've just started blogging and am linked to you at http://teachingteachingteaching.blogspot.com