Friday, July 02, 2010

Shane Greer's Into Women's Underwear



A bit of Friday fun. This is a new viral ad for an underwear company called Peachy Pink. What the **** has that got to do with politics, I hear you ask. Well, TV's Shane Greer makes a 'blink and you might miss it' cameo and the company's run by Shazia Awan, who was a Tory candidate in Sheffield at the last election. Do watch it through to the end - if you remember the original Boddington's advert, well, it's a bit like that. I first met her in September 2008 when I made a short film with her for Telegraph TV.



As you can see, she's a do-er. Her company has been a roaring success and her products are now sold in Debenhams as well as elsewhere. What she should do next is launch a mens' range of underwear, for those of us who might like to tuck in our guts a bit. I can aassure you that I shall not be modelling it... Shane Greer, on the other hand... I wouldn't put it past him. He certainly needs to wear it, that's for sure.

The serious point of all of this is to demonstrate that there are some really innovative new companies out there who are doing some great work marketing and selling their products. It's companies like Peachy Pink, and dare I say it my own, who will be key in creating these 2.5 million jobs which the OBR forecasts will be created over the next few years.

If you'd like to know more about Peachy Pink, their website is HERE.

And no, they haven't paid me to write this! I just want a freebie pair of men's pants to hide my ever expanding gut...

1 comment:

rob's uncle said...

The link is invisible to me, using Safari 4 under Mac OSX.