Friday, November 19, 2004

Survey Responses

Many of you will have received a local residents survey over the past few weeks. We have had many thousands of them sent in, many with very good ideas about how North Norfolk life could be improved. Once we have collated the results I'll be publishing them, but we have a few very hilarious comments made on the question "What single thing would you suggest to improve the quality of life in your area?" . I particularly likes the person (anonymous of course) who replied "For you to **** off back to London where you belong. You are not wanted here." Charming! Seeing as I haven't lived in London for seven years and don't even work there I'm not quite sure where he got that idea from. Another suggestion was "Making the national lottery easier to win". I liked that one. More to follow another day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he was getting confused with Tunbridge Wells which I imagine is your spiritual home - and I noticed where you filmed from during the Newsnight interview on 29 November. Not such a keen Norfolk-ite after all?

By the way, did you know that Tunbridge Wells, that staunch blue-rinse Tory heartland, has more unmarried mothers than Tower Hamlets? The ground is shifting beneath your feet...

Iain Dale said...

Not quite sure why you would think Tunbridge Wells is my spiritual home. Do you think I'm a retired colonel or something? It was actually News 24, not Newsnight. I was live in the studio in London on Newsnight. I did the News 24 piece from Tunbridge Wells because I happened to be there at the time. Am I not allowed to set foot outside Norfolk?! Even Conservative candidates have to earn a living...

Anonymous said...

What were you doing to earn a crust in Tunbridge Wells? I have to admit I would never have taken you for a colonel - are you suggesting that colonels are responsible for the parlous state of affairs with all these unmarried mothers running amok in trusty TW?