Friday, November 26, 2004

Another Busy Day

It's nearly midnight and I am typing this in my sitting room in Swanton Abbott in front of the first log fire of the year. Sometimes life is just perfect. Today hasn't been bad either. Up at 7 to collect John Redwood to visit Holt WI Market. Anglia TV and the EDP were there. We then went on to North Norfolk Radio where we had a hilarious 45 minutes on air with presenter Sue Marchant. JR was in fine form and rather funny. He even explained about his day last weekend making Christmas Puddings. This afternoon I was in Fakenham and Langham and this evening I spoke at a Conservative do in Blakeney. Have to admit I'm feeling knackered (again) but have a real feeling that things are going well at the moment. If only the national polls would show some movement.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about another 50 votes to Norman Lamb thanks to John Redwood's visit. He's about as funny as a dead aardvark and a reminder of the extreme side of the Tories, rather than the sensible centre people want to vote for.

Iain Dale said...

I suspect voters are rather more intelligent than you give them credit for. Not everyone belives media stereotypes.

Westbury-on-Trym Lib Dems said...

Very true, Iain, voters are indeed very intelligent. Anonymous - your figure for switchers should be closer to 100.

Iain Dale said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

I have been very interested to read this site. I live in Holt and am a floating voter, and am impressed by what I see. I voted Conservative in 1979, 1983, 1987, 1992 and 1997, Liberal Democrat in 2001. I will vote Conservative this time. I was interested in this discussion, as if I see John Redwood in this area again, I will vote Liberal Democrat. Men like him became obsessed with me, me, me and drove the Conservative Party into the ground. I wasn't John Major's greatest fan, but I liked him, respected him, and thought what people like Redwood, Portillo and Duncan Smith did to his Government was nothing short of spineless.

Iain Dale said...

Anonymous - it's great to have you back. I really take heart from the first part of what you say as it is people like you who we have to attract back if we are to make progress both locally and nationally. On the second part of your posting I will restrict myself to saying that I understand what you are saying.

Westbury-on-Trym Lib Dems said...

"I understand what you are saying"!?! That is a lovely politician's answer, Iain!

The key question is will Anonymous be seeing John Redwood in North Norfolk again?