Thursday, January 22, 2004

COSTLY DRIVING

I keep being asked by people about my 'expenses'. They seem to think that as a candidate all my expenses are paid. I wish! I am obliged to tell such people that as a candidate you don't get any recompense from anyone whatsoever. Your only reward comes when the electorate, in their wisdom, decide to elect you! Today I seemed to spend half the day in the car criss-crossing the constituency. My journey went as follows:- Swanton Abbott - Cromer - Hindolvesten - Thursford - Smallburgh - Briningham - Swanton Abbott. I reckon that's the best part of 120 miles. Just as well I enjoy driving I guess. Tomorrow I am visiting Paston College, a sixth form college in North Walsham and then meeting one of our district councillors to talk about local government matters.

No comments: